Monday, November 10, 2008

Fall Craft Time Is Here!

Well, Meredith, one of my old college friends that has a blog, pointed me in the direction of "The Cutest Blog On The Block" web site! Although I did not create any of this myself...I just popped in one of their cute backgrounds, and I am suddenly so much happier with the look of my blog! Yea! Thanks Meredith! I still want to figure out how to do all of that fun digital stuff, but in the meantime, I can revel in the fact that I have a pretty darn cute little blog!

Well, I mentioned that I didn't buy anything at Holiday House on Friday, but I did pick up a whole lot of great ideas for things that I can make at home to give as Christmas gifts! Although I don't do much crafting during the year, when fall comes around, and Christmas gifts are on my mind, I always want to set up shop in the dining room, and get busy making some cute gifts...and for a fraction of the price that they are sold for in stores I might add! It is such a good feeling to not only know that I am giving a nice gift to someone, but to know that I made it myself makes it that much better. I think people appreciate the time and effort spent on them too...unless the gift looks like a piece of junk of course! :)

I got started the other night, while I was motivated, and had some ideas fresh on my mind. I love doing the crafts, but hate the mess that comes along with them. It seems like once the mess comes out, you have no choice but to live with it for a while. It just doesn't make sense to pack it up over and over again now does it? So...this is stage 1 of the mess that I will have on my dining room buffet until I have my Christmas crafts all finished up! See the cute little candle holder with the "G" on it? It is my first completed item!


Anyway, last night, a couple of my neighbor girls and I were talking, and we decided to get together tomorrow after kids are all where they need to be, and have a big ol' Christmas gift making session! I can't wait! We are meeting at Hobby Lobby, and then heading over to Amy's house to get busy! I got in bed last night, and made out my list of supplies needed, and just who is getting which gifts, so by tomorrow night, I will be up to my knees in my fall/winter craft time! Love it!

Oh Yeah! We also started throwing around the idea of getting our act together a little earlier in the game next fall, and starting our own little business! We would get together once a week to make things, and then do some local holiday craft shows. Maybe we could make some extra money for Christmas, all while having fun together! We need to think of a cute name for our little business!

Always thinking of something!

Any ideas?

Writing The Waves,
Christi

1 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...Best Blogger Tips

Your blog is super cute! I love it, Christi!

I don't have any ideas for you...I'm pretty challenged in the crafty department. How fun though that you have a great group of neighbor friends to get together with. I wanna live by ya'll.

Did you catch that ya'll I just threw out there? You can take the girl outta the South, but you can't take the South outta the girl! *wink*

 
Design by Deluxe Designs