Saturday, May 16, 2009

Back From Convention!

The homeschool convention that I attended this weekend was a learning experience.

I got to visit with some of the curriculum vendors that I am thinking about using, which was helpful.

I volunteered at the used curriculum sale, and then got early shopping privileges...snagging some GREAT deals on a few books that I will use next year!

I attended several helpful classes.

And last, but certainly not least, I got to connect with many homeschool moms, and bounce ideas around with them.

I'm glad that I went.

I'm also glad to be home...

When I returned today (after stopping by mom's house to pick up the yummy strawberry pie that she made for us), this is the welcome that I received from my awesome kids!

It is hard to read in the picture, but they had written, "Thanks Mom for Making Homeschool Happen! You're Awesome! We Love You Lots!" They had also written out many of the subjects that they will be studying...science, math, history, etc.

How sweet is that?!?

It was a big encouragement for me to come home from a weekend full of homeschool stuff, and have my kids (and Corey too!) show me how much they appreciate the efforts that I have made to prepare for our new adventure!

I love them so much!

And in other news...

As I have mentioned before, Caylie has been working with Christian to help him prepare for his first 5K on May 30. They are planning to run it together. (She ran her first 5K a few weeks ago...you can read about it here.)

She has been doing her running first, and then riding the bike beside him while he works to build up his time. His first goal has been to reach 30 minutes, and today he reached his goal!

Yea Christian! :)

We were all so excited for him!

Corey, Carson and I got in the truck, and came up behind them at the end of the run so we could cheer and encourage him!

Caylie and Christian have been such a good team.

I have teased Caylie by calling her Jillian from The Biggest Loser! Totally joking though...she is not mean at all! :)

She has been a great "trainer", and he has been a determined runner!

Here are all 3 kids after Christian finished his first 30 minute run!

Carson wasn't as concerned about getting a cute picture as I was! (He is preoccupied with the balloon on a stick that they had taped to the poster that they made me.)

Oh well...at least the big kids were working with me!

It's good to be back home!

Writing the Waves,
Christi

4 comments:

Mich said...Best Blogger Tips

Welcome back! Glad you had a good time!

As always, your kids are adorable.

Amber said...Best Blogger Tips

How precious.

Nothing like receiving a little confirmation from the fam!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...Best Blogger Tips

I love that they made you a SIGN! How sweet!

Christian is going to have a blast running! That's a huge accomplishment! Be sure to take lots of pics (as if you won't). ;)

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips

What a great Mom you are and what awesome kids you have! What a blessing you are to them and their education~

 
Design by Deluxe Designs