Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Random Things About Me...

Well, EVERYONE has been doing this. I was tagged to do it a couple of weeks ago, and have put it off because I thought it would take me too long to think of 25 things that wouldn't put everyone to sleep....but, here goes...

25 Random Things About Me...

1) I am as blind as a bat. I started wearing glasses in 2nd grade, and can't see past my nose (literally!) without contacts or glasses now. I really want to have surgery someday to correct that.

2) While in college, my family lived in Heidelberg, Germany, so I spent every Christmas and summer in Europe. I loved it there, and really dream of spending some time there with my husband and kids some day.

3) I met my husband, Corey, in the first class of our freshman year in college. We got married 4 years later, when we were 22. I am 10 days older than Corey, and he LOVES that!

4) Until this year, I didn't like to drink carbonated drinks. Just milk, water and juice...sometimes coffee. This year, I decided that I would make myself learn to like Diet Coke because I realized that I could really use that mid-day energy perk! It works!

5) I am really bad...I mean, really, really bad, with directions! You have no idea.

6) I am a homebody. I could stay at home for days on end, and be perfectly happy. I am never bored at home. I also don't have to have people around me all of the time to be happy.

7) I love to travel. Our family loves to see and experience new places together.

8) We love to go to Branson, MO! It is only about 3 hours away, and we would go a couple of times a year if we could!

9) I am not a phone person.

10) From kindergarten through 12th grade, I went to 9 different schools.

11) I recently started a blog. I hope it will become something valuable for our family to look back on over time. It is fun to do, and a good creative outlet!

12) I am very strong willed.

13) My faith in God is my rock.

14) I used to really, really want a pool in our back yard. Have one. Now, I really, really DON'T want a pool in our back yard!

15) Every season brings special things that I love. Fall and Spring are beautiful and I love the temperatures. Summer if full of fun, but I hate the heat. Winter...not very pretty, but I love Christmas, and actually like cold weather, and there is always at least a little hope of snow!

16) We have 3 kids. Caylie (15), Christian (11), and Carson (2 1/2). I LOVE being a mom! My children bring me sooo much joy! My Blessings!

17) I used to be a big shopper. Now, not so much. But since my 15 year old daughter is now a big shopper, I like to go, just to be with her! She is great! :)

18) Purpose Driven Life is my favorite book ever! I could read it over and over again.

19) I am a list person...very much a list person!

20) I consider myself a frustrated perfectionist. I like to have everything "just so", and can't ever get it all that way at the same time! Frustrating!

21) I prefer to stay up late and sleep late, but that is hard with kids, so I usually end up staying up late, and waking up at the same time as usual. I have learned that coffee is my friend.

22) I HATED high school and LOVED college!

23) I don't really mind doing dishes....but laundry, not my favorite...too many steps to get it all done!

24) I like decorating, and tweaking things inside the house, but yard work...not at all. Martha would shake her head at me.

25) Cooking and baking interest me, I'm just not very good at them...but I want to be! Maybe someday! :)

6 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...Best Blogger Tips

I laughed at #14 because I told John this summer (while in AR) that the only way I'll ever move back there is if he buys me a house with a pool. The summertime heat would kill me...especially after living here!

Faith said...Best Blogger Tips

I love learning more about people from these tags. I was blind as a bat too before I had lasik. I am SO glad I did it and can now see 20/20!

Hope the rest of your week goes well!

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips

Nice getting to know you! Dont you learn so much about yourself when you have to sit and think about it, smile~

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...Best Blogger Tips

Hey, Christi, thank you for coming by to see me & for leaving a note. So nice to meet you & I hope you'll come back often.

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...Best Blogger Tips

Thanks. I love getting to know my bloggy friends better!

~Amanda

Roan said...Best Blogger Tips

Hi Christi, Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving such kind comments! While reading your 25 random things, I realize that we have many things in common! about running....the children began very slowly 3 years ago. We were looking for a physical activity that would not separate us as a family (like 6 of us watching one person play a sport). We also wanted a life long sport. Jimmy has run off and on for years, and I had run for short periods of time between babies.....before children I was an aerobics girl! I will email you more specifics.
Have a great day!
I just finished reading Managers of Their Schools by Teri Maxwell. (titus2.com) I plan to use more textbooks in our school next year, and this book has great suggestions. My booklist in my sidebar has lots of homeschooling books you may like to read.
I am really signing off now! :)

 
Design by Deluxe Designs