Monday, January 17, 2011

Blissdom...

The latest buzz around our house is that Caylie and I are planning to go to the Blissdom blogging conference next week!!!

We both have blogs, enjoy recording the events of our lives...(she's more consistent than me!), and are interested in learning more about blogging.

I had never considered going to a blogging conference, but when I started hearing about the Blissdom conference, it looked kind of interesting, and I mentioned it to Corey.

Corey has always encouraged me to learn more about blogging, and our family loves to be able to look back and read the posts that both Caylie and I write.

My birthday was last week, and although we went out to eat together, and Corey had some beautiful flowers delivered to the house, I guess he had not given me what he considered "my real birthday gift", so he and Caylie came to me last night, and handed me a hand written "certificate". It said that as a late birthday gift, he was sending Caylie and me to Blissdom together!

I was surprised, and speechless!

He knew that I would start coming up with reasons why it wasn't practical, etc., etc., and so he had already written things like, "Not An Option!", "Kids Are Taken Care Of", and "You ARE Doing It" on the paper!

He knows me well...

Caylie and I are both excited to get to go and learn more about blogging, and spend some quality girl time together with others that share the same interest!

But I'm nervous too!

Aaaa....

Writing the Waves,
Christi

6 comments:

Mich said...Best Blogger Tips

How fun!!!

Happy Birthday (late) and have fun at the conference. You will have to pass on some tips.

Teresa said...Best Blogger Tips

Ooooh! Have fun.
I'm sure you will!

Fawn said...Best Blogger Tips

How exciting! I am jealous. I'm just getting ready to put together a post about blog conferences over on the Arkansas Women Bloggers website, so you'll have to come over and comment. Have fun!

DIYbyDesign said...Best Blogger Tips

How exciting. I can't wait to hear all about it. Maybe next year I will try to attend. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind comments. We really do have so much in common (13 year old boys and meeting our spouse freshmen year in college). I am your latest follower. I am not sure if you already follow me...but if you don't I'd love if you would.

Craig said...Best Blogger Tips

Hi, came over from angry Julie's blissdom newbie site. I look forward to meeting other Christian writers there. Please wave hi to me when you see me. I won't be hard to spot :/

God Bless and Keep you and yours

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips

So awesome to meet you and Caylie! I think you two are so sweet and love your attitudes! I hope that you learned something that will help you on your blogging journey at Blissdom. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me on twitter, email me or contact me via my blog!
Bernice
http://livingthebalancedlife.com/2011/be-authentic-be-engaging-be-ready-for-change/

 
Design by Deluxe Designs